The position of Assistant Professor in Agricultural Sciences within the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences at the Agricultural University of Iceland (AUI) is open for applications.
There are many exciting projects ahead to improve our knowledge of greenhouse gas emission from livestock and cultivated soils. The employee is expected to be one of AUI's leaders in those projects.
The role of the Agricultural University of Iceland is to create and share knowledge in the field of sustainable use of resources, environments, landscape planning and food production in Nordic regions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and contribute internationally recognised research in the field of greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural activity
- Publish peer-reviewed scientific articles, gain research grants and actively participate in international and national collaboration
- Develop courses at undergraduate and post-graduate level
- Supervise students in research projects
- Participate in the enhancement of research and development activities within the university
Required education and qualifications
- Doctoral degree in the field of agricultural sciences, bioengineering, or biochemistry
- Research experience in the field of agriculture and/or greenhouse gases
- Teaching experience and willingness to disseminate knowledge within the field
- Experience in participating in research projects and obtaining research funds
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of Icelandic agriculture is preferable
- Experience in management within a university is an advantage
- Icelandic language competence is desired
Further information will be supplied by
- Þóroddur Sveinsson, Head of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
- Guðmunda Smáradóttir, Human Resources and Quality Manager
Application deadline: 27 April 2023
Applicants must enclose with their application a certificate of their academic career and work, a bibliography, a report on scientific work and other work they have done, a cover letter including information on research emphases and ideas for teaching methods/development of knowledge dissemination in the field. Attention is drawn to the fact that, according to AUI's rules, the Rector may grant promotion to the position of associate professor or professor immediately upon appointment if the applicant meets the relevant qualification criteria.
The Agricultural University of Iceland reserves the right to reject all applications. All applications will be answered when a decision on recruitment has been reached. Wages are determined in accordance with the collective wage agreements of public employees.